Workshops & Monthly Events
Sterling, VA @ the Yurt
**Swami Gurusharanananda Visits!
October 1 & 2
You hear me talk about Swamiji and his amazing ashram and school all of the time, and many of you know that money from all of our kirtans at Gita’s Dream goes to supporting his rural school in Central India. NOW he is coming to us at the Yurt to share his light and love! Join us for all of these amazing events!
Fire Ceremony ~ Oct 1st @ 10am
– Traditional fire ceremony performed every day at the ashram in India to burn karmas. All welcome. By Donation at the door.
Swakriya Yoga Class (All levels) ~ October 1st @ 11am
– ‘Swakriya’ literally means the ‘movement'(kriya) of ‘I’ (swa)- the Supreme Self in the form of movement. We are only to just become aware of this supreme truth already inherent in us. We have not to create or invoke anything. In Swakriya yoga there are different movements, mantras, breathing processes, and postures which accelerate the awakening process. In other words all the tools of SKY help us in removing the barriers which prevent us in realizing this great truth. The ‘Truth’, the ‘Divine’ is already here and now in each and every movement. We are only to discover. This discovery makes us one with the Divine, and allows us to flow in His infinite Love and Wisdom. To make this a reality we need a process called Swakriya Yoga.
Please donate Minimum $20
Please Sign Up by making a donation here. 5 spaces left!
Kirtan with Swamiji & Gita ~ Oct 1st @ 7pm
– One of Gita’s Favorite things to do in the whole world is to chant with Swamiji. His Bhav and Bhakti inspire her daily. You have heard her sing many of his chants from India, now enjoy in an evening of chanting Mantras you won’t soon forget with Swamiji Live! New CDs will also be available for sale!
$20 recommended Donation at the door
The Goddess, Divine Mother of the Universe
~ October 2nd @ 2-5pm
Hear about the Shakti to Shiva. Learning about the divine in Feminine form from Swami Gurusharanananda, devotee to AnandamayiMa “Joy Permeated Mother”, is always a beautiful treat. His love for the Goddess is heart opening and inspiring. Learn to embrace divine Goddess inside and out.
Register here: $40 http://tinyurl.com/gp6nlwg
(there is also a kirtan Friday September the 30th at Bhakti Yoga DC @ 7:30pm ) https://www.facebook.com/events/1243461355746832/
8 Week Series~ Yoga Sutras: Taming the Mind
Begins October 6th 7:15-8:30pm
YOGA IS STOPPING THE FLUCTUATIONS OF THE MIND
When you hear about “yoga philosophy,” this book, the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, is what is usually being referenced. Teachings that date back thousands of years and still hold relevent to today – the keys to mastering the mind and finding peace within, union, and even Samadhi.
This 8 week class we will study 40-50 of these sutras including what is Raja Yoga, the 8 limbs of yoga, how the mind gets disturbed and how to begin practicing how to control the mind. This is a path of yoga called “royal yoga”. You see it practiced at Yogaville and the Integral Yoga lineage among many others.
Whether you have never studied the sutras and want to go deeper into yoga and beyond Asana or you have started to study the sutras but want to learn more, you are welcome here. If you are a 200hr RYT, you can recieve 12 CEs for this course.
We will meet the following Wednesdays from 7:15pm- 8:45pm
Oct 5, 19, 26
Nov 2, 9, 16, 30
Cost $120 for 8 weeks. Sign up and pay HERE
Community Vegetarian Potluck and Kirtan
Join us for our monthly Vegetarian Potluck and Kirtan. We gather together to share in food, song and fun as a community based on peace. Bring a dish to share if you can (many are often vegan) and then we head to the yurt to sing ancient Sanskrit mantras that fill you with vibrations that will lift your spirit, open your heart and help you rid yourself of stress and frustrations! Gita/ Krista Zember and her friends and family will lead each month.
Families are most welcome. No experience necessesary. Come Sing, Listen, Dance or just soak it all in. Chant sheets will be provided. Come for some or all of the event!
- October 16 (Full Moon + Fire Ceremony at 8pm)
- November 13
- December 11
Guest Artists at the Yurt
@ Anandeshwar Yurt
We want to chant more and more! This evening will be a mix of guest artists and Gita’s Dream leading an evening of chanting the names of the Divine! All welcome! By Donation
- October 1 @ 7pm ~ Swami Gurusharanananda
- December 2 @ 7:30pm ~ Mirabai Moon
Coming again Soon!
- Prema Hara
Community Chant Circle
7:00pm @ the Yurt
I want to chant more with my friends. I love just getting together and chanting. Enjoying each other, the chant offerings we have and very little formality. So let’s do it more often! It won’t just be me leading chants, but anyone who is interested in making their offering as the caller. Please do let me know ahead of time if YOU would like to lead a chant so I can plan accordingly. Recommended donation $10-20 Money will benefit the kids we support in India Rescued from sex trafficking in Kolkata and also helping children in rural India receive and education.
- October 11 (Gita’s Birthday Kirtan)
- October 25
- November 29 (New Moon with Shivalingam Abishek too!)
**5th Annual DC Kirtan Fest**
1317 G St NW, Washington, District of Columbia 20005
SAVE THE DATE! We are back for a 5th year, bringing together the DC Kirtan Community to chant and raise money for girls rescued from sex trafficking in Kolkata India and help fund a school in rural Central India where opportunities for education aren’t available!
Volunteer Sign Ups
and More Coming SOON!